In total we had 18 kiddos under 4 (plus all their parents) come to play! Believe it or not, even with all the little ones it wasn’t too stressful and I managed to squeeze in a bit of mingling and lots of photo snappin’.
(I did miss 1 photo that I meant to take.. I really wanted to do a group shot of all the tots…but I totally spaced : / )
The Barnyard Theme was a HIT!
(My E only screamed for 10 minutes when I made him put on these CUTE farmer overalls. I had a plaid shirt as well .. but there was no way he was letting me get that on him too...)
The Petting Zoo was AMAZING!
I can’t stop raving about Little Tracks TRAVELLING petting zoo
Not only did they show up on time and have everything set up before anyone showed up (my kind of peeps!), they provided an educational spin on things for the kids (& adults) when we were in the petting zoo pen.
I really wish I had snapped more pics of the animals, now that I think about it!
Yes – I got in there too (although there are not any pics ..sigh.. isn't that always the way!)
But I did handle a duck, I petted a pig, I rubbed a donkey and I caressed a horse.
|E and his buddy watching as they set up the pen|
|The Cavie & his handler...It's a Rabbit/Kangaroo - weird|
|Awww! Baby ducks!|
|This picture just doesn't do justice for this ADORABLE goat! I want one!|
Some of the best parts of the day
- My rain dance paid off - the weather was absolutely PERFECT – couldn’t have asked for better in May!
- My lil man & his buddies had a blast!
- There was little clean up (as it was ALL outside and we served snack food.. although I wished I had made a few dozen of my chocolate chip cookies, rather than bought.. but, whatcha gonna do?)
- It was an AM party (930-1130am) – so everyone was gone by noon!
- E had a 3hr nap after the party! whoohoo
- We collected 40 pairs of shoes for the Little Footprints, Big Steps charity (in lieu of gifts)!!